Evan and Brody
March 25th 2009
Evan has always wanted a little brother or sister. I think all last children do! But this mom knew her limits! And 3 was it! He has always been very sweet to little children, letting them play with him, being extra careful and patient with them. When Brody came into our family, Evan was in love!!! Almost everyday on the way home from school, he asks if Brody is home. He hates it when Alissa and Brody aren't home!!! Now I'm not saying he will hold him for hours, (that is not the case) but he always wants to be around him!!
So if there was some sort of AWARD for the best Uncle in the world.....I would have to nominate Evan!!!
Evan and Kooper waited for hours to meet Brody!(It was love at first sight for Evan)

Evan was so proud that Brody wore his blessing outfit that Great Grandma Caldwell made for him almost 14 years ago.

Crazy Evan saw Alissa wearing her Snugli with Brody in it. He of course had to try it. That child of mine is pretty much up for anything!!!
Brody loved it, until Evan started using his head for a drum!
He isn't afraid to bring Brody out on the football field with him!!(Lynn Blair had this shirt made for Brody to match Uncle Evan)
(Swimsuits were required for pictures!)

Feeding time is always fun with Evan around.
This is usually how Brody looks when Evan is done with him! Brody doesn't care!
Evan is always glad to share his friends with little Brody. (Colby White)
It doesn't have to be anything exciting, they just like to hangout together. It's fun to watch Brody's face light up when he sees Evan. There is definitely a strong love between those two boys!!
I think they are lucky to have each other!!!

Evan lets Brody take a bath with him.
8 comments:
I agree, Evan is deffenetly a great uncle to the Brodster. In the picture where evan has him up on his shoulders they look alot alike! Someone just said that to me the other day too. Brody is going to have even more fun with Evan as he gets older
Those are sooooooo cute! I loved Evan in the snugli, and the bath was too cute! True that they are going to get to be best buds when brody walks and talks. It makes me think of Taryn and Kellen. Kellen I guess has always been Taryn's shadow and Taryn loved it. They used to call Taryn T-dog, and so Kellen soon became K-pup. And still you can hear the family use those names sometimes.
I love that. I can't imagine a better example either and I think sometimes it helps us remember to behave when we have a little person following our examples. :)
Okay so I found your blog through another and I just have to tell you that you have the such a beautiful family. It is fun to read about how you guys are doing and see pictures of your kids all grown.
I LOVED the pictures! It's so cool when guys are really interested in the babies, there are some boys who wouldn't care one bit. I'm proud of you Evan!
Evan is a great uncle. I have that first picture of Ev and Koop on my fridge. He is really great to little kids-Kambree included. I guess that's why she loves him so much :) She can't decide if she wants him for another brother or her boyfriend. She does have conversations EVERY day with him on her play phones!!
The girls and I just giggled and oohed and awed over the photos of evan and brody. Evan is a terrific uncle. You can tell they already have a special bond. How lucky they both are to have each other. Can't wait to see them and you all. Erika has dibbs on Brody first.(what's new)
that is so cute! Those two are going to be great pals when Brody gets bigger!
Post a Comment