Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Weekend In Seattle.

Seattle
March 14 and 15, 2009

Just Acting Like Tourists!

I love Seattle. I grew up in Renton which is about a 20 minute drive from downtown. I remember when I was a teenager my mom and I would ride the bus into the city and have the most wonderful days together! She knew all the places to go since she lived there when she was a nurse for a foot doctor.

This weekend we went to Seattle for our nephews Baptism. On Saturday we met up with my friend Natalie, who was in Seattle with her parents and brother, showing them around. We all did the tourist thing and walked around the waterfront, ate at the famous Ivar's on the water and of course went through the Ye Olde Curiosity Shop! Then we hit Pike Place Market! One of my favorite places!

We loved staying with my mom, she is always so much fun to be around. Evan sure loves his Grandma, he thinks she is so funny, with some of the things she says!

Sunday was Hayden's Baptism. We always love seeing Howard's sister and her family! We were so glad that the weird March winter storm didn't make us miss his special day. Just the night before they had closed the pass! We almost left for home early, but decided to take our chances. We were glad that we stayed. Evan always loves to see his cousins!


Evan feeding the Seagulls. The sign encourages people to feed the birds in the back of Ivar's! That one bird looks like it's coming in for the kill!!!


Natalie's dad was nice and snapped this picture for us!


Pike Place Market
Even though it was raining Sat. The market was packed with people! I don't think we have been to Pike Place in over 10 years! I love to people watch!


Lauren, Emma, Evan and Erika.


The kids waiting for the fish guys to throw the fish!!

The sign says: Hi I'm a Monk fish. It gets people every time! As soon as someone gets close, one of the guy's in back pulls a string and the fish moves!! It's pretty funny to watch!


Beautiful Produce.



This weird clown was sitting there trying to sell the balloon things he makes. I made the kids stand by him so I could get a picture, they didn't want to! After I was done, Lauren told me he smelled bad! It take all kinds of people!!!


..................................................

Grandma Straley


I didn't realize how small my mom is until I had Evan stand by her! Or maybe Evan is getting tall?


........................................
Baptism and Cousins
Hayden's Baptism


Sterling and Evan before the baptism. They sure love each other!




Chloe, Hayden, Evan and Sterling.
We really enjoyed our quick visit with the Jarvis family.
Congratulations Hayden!!!!

5 comments:

lydia moyer said...

i was in seattle this weekend too! i went to time out for women. i didn't get to do the tourist stuff but i love pike place market, i have fond memories of hanging out there way to much when i was a teenager.

The Burnetts said...

Arianne, thanks so much for taking the time to come and see and my family. My parents thought you and Howard were wonderful people and great friends to us. It was sure good seeing you all and spending some time with you. Glad you could be there to see your mom and be there for Haydens baptisim!

Lynn said...

I'm glad you had such a great weekend. (I thought you were going for a tournament) I'm sure your mom was so glad to have you and what fun that the Burnett's were there too!!
My favorite thing to do,when I'm given the chance, is to aimlessly wander the waterfront and the market. I could just sit and people watch for hours :)

Katie said...

Wow! I can't believe how HUGE Chloe, Hayden, and Sterling are. I keep telling Chad we need to take a trip to Seattle. Maybe if we do, you all could drive up and meet us. We'd love to see you. He's never been, and it's one of my favorite places.

Katie said...

As much as I joked about it, the tiling really wasn't that bad. Just take your time and you will be fine. We watched lots of how-to videos on You Tube before hand to see what it should look like. I'll let you know should a trip to Seattle work out.