Thursday, February 19, 2009

~Friendships~

~Friendships~
Febuary 19, 2009
This weekend, it became very apparent to me how important friendships are to me. Coming from a small family, and not having any family here in town, our friends are very important to us!

In a perfect world, all of our family would live close so our kids could see cousins daily, my mom and I could go out to lunch, and my sister and I could swap grandchildren stories. (they both love in Seattle area) But I guess that is what makes the times that we do see them very special!


I am grateful for all kinds of friendships, those we have with family, our new and old friends, and the ones our children have with their friends.

.......................
The dictionary's definition for Friend is:

1. Someone whom one knows and likes.

2. A supporter or patron of a cause or group.


" We must ever be friends; and of all who offer you friendship let me be the first, the truest, the nearest and dearest."
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow~


My mother Edna, who is my truest best friend!
"All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother" ~Abraham Lincoln~

Howard's sweet father Elden, and his beautiful sister MalaRee.
We love all of Howard's family!!

Our children have always had great friendships with each other!

(Everyday I thank my stars above for that!!!!)

We may not always think alike, but Howard is my best friend!
"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I would never have to live a day without you." ~Whinnie the Pooh~



Natalie and I this weekend. She is the kind of friend who will lay on your bed and read magazines for hours with you, tells me she loves me when we hang up the phone, and you just know that she will be there for you through the good and bad times!!!!

I don't know anyone who can make me laugh like Natalie!! She just knows what I'm thinking and makes something funny about it.

"Laughter is the shortest distance between two people" ~Victor Borge~


I love when my friends love my children, just because!!!


Our friends at the beach!! The Burnett's and the Blair's

We always have a bon-fire together!!


Howard and Dan, probably talking sports!
.......................
All of our children have wonderful friends. Both Anya and Alissa are still very close to High School friends. I found this picture of Evan and his buddies that I took a few years ago. They are all still close friends.

Evan, Justin, Will, Elijah, Colby and Kooper.

Evan, the Burnett's and Blairs.

There is nothing as special as a Best Friend!!!

Evan and Kooper.


"Then we sat on the edge of the earth, with our feet dangling over the side, and marveled that we had found each other."

~Erik Dillard~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a very special "from the heart" post, Arianne. It's beautiful. Thanks for letting us look in. :)

Lynn said...

raThis is the sweetest post Arianne. I love it and we love you! I am grateful for our friendship and loooove the friendship our children have. They are the best of buds :)

Kim said...

I love this post!!! Very meaningful to me! Though I love my family, friends play a vital role to my day-to-day life! Especially the part about not being able to go to lunch w your mom etc. I have such a wonderful friend here in Vancouver that can rely on for just about anything and I can't think about moving and being with out her, but know that neither of us will stay here indefinitely. And I have a friend just like your Natalie! Infact I was just thinking about doing apost about her and friendship she is definitely a lifeline for me and then I read yours and how beautiful it was! She lives in AZ and I miss her so much, but we are hoping to meet somewhere for a long weekend. There are just so many dimensions to friendships... people yours friends with, friends bc your husbands are friends, friends bc your kids are friends, friends from church, etc. I do think that Natalie is such a great friend to you and Meghan to me bc sometimes it is so much easier to confide and tell someone stuff that is not part of the everyday life and friends with all your other friends you know:) Anyhow sorry for the chapter-book comment I had just been thinking about this alot;)

SunnyD said...

So well said. I love the quotes you found to intermingle. Such a sweet post.

The Burnetts said...

Arianne!!! Your post is beautiful. I love that your mom is your truest best friend. You always take the time to call her when were together and check on her. I have always admired that about you. I would not know what I would do without our friendship. I love your girls, and Evan. (sweet,precious brody too) Howard and Dan are so good to just let us be. Wether it be venting or rolling over in laughter. I miss my family and sharing time with them. I am so gratful for your family. You make being so far away from home, so close when I have you. Thanks for being there. I love and adore you! Your amazing to me. Love ya!