Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Weird, I Know.....But Beautiful.

February 4, 2009
Last weekend, on our way to Evan's tournament, we drove through some wonderful little towns. Some of these towns I have heard of, but had no idea where they were.
We had been driving for about 2 1/2 hours when out of the corner of my eye I saw this huge Angel. She was in the little town of Pomeroy Washington, watching over a family area in the cemetery. I know this may sound a little weird, but I happen to think old cemeteries can be very Beautiful. Some of the upright headstones really are works of art!!
Poor Howard, he is always so patient with me! He knew I wanted to get a better look at that cemetery, so on our way home, he pulled off the road and into the cemetery. He didn't even have one of those, I am married to a crazy lady looks on his face!! I sure love him!!!


Howard and Evan might not like to admit it, but they enjoyed looking at the names and dates on the headstones







Thanks Howard and Evan for letting me stop, I don't expect them to get me, they just let me be me and for that I am very GRATEFUL!!!!

5 comments:

The Burnetts said...

Love the guardian angel looking over the cemetary. It's so intresting to read names and dates and what their love one's write on the headstones. Miss and Love you!

Joy said...

Arianne, I'm the same way!!! Years ago, my Mom, Dad, Mark and I went back to New England and Mom and I traveled thru old cemetaries. Of course, It was mostly for Mom & me. We were in Mass. and learned some very interesting facts about our family, that we didn't know before. Love to read your blog.

SunnyD said...

Love the pictures! I agree....very beautiful. There is a photographer that does a large majority of her portraits in a cemetary. She's very good.

lydia moyer said...

i love that angel! maybe someday when there aren't crying kids in the back of the van jason will pull over for me when i get those crazy ideas!

Alan and Lynette said...

I had no idea you were so big in to photography! The angel is beautiful! And props to Howard for taking that initiative! 24 YEARS!!! Wow! That's a good long time...nice work!
FYI - I love that picture of you and Howard on your side-bar...totally cute!