There is nothing like watching a good Football game on a brisk fall day. Evan and his Middle School A squad (7th grade) team played Sunnyside today, Prosser won 36 to 8.
Sunnyside had some HUGE kids on there team but that didn't stop our boys, they played hard and had fun at the same time. This is a great group of boys and I'm glad that Evan is playing with all of his best friends.

Evan is #87 Right now he is playing-wide receiver, corner back and some tailback, he also loves kick-off returns.
(his team at half time)

Evan alone in a sea of Sunnyside players. (but he's not scared!)
The line up for kick-off (Evan in bottom corner)
I can't believe that I got Evan's interception on film! I usually just about drop my camera and stand up and yell, but for some reason I was calm and got the shot. Maybe I was trying to make up for all the shots I have missed! It was one of the last plays, he was so excited after the game, grinning from ear to ear.
My good friend Kari Giles and her kids came to watch Evan. Kari is a SUPER Football fan, and braved the cold to help us yell for Evan, and so did Kamille and Taylor, Cali was there but chose not to be in the picture, but she helped us yell. Thanks Giles Family.

10 comments:
Oohh, we left too early :( We missed the interception. Way to go Evan!!! "Go Eeeeebbbaaannn" That would have been Kambree yelling at her favorite man that isn't related to her :) She got too cold, so we headed home. Hard to stay in the cold when Koop is not suited :( Next year!! Good job boys!!!
Great catch Evan, way to go!
I love to watch middle school kids during sporting events. They have such a love for the game(s) they play and they are finally figuring out how to actually play ")
I absolutely LOVE the pic of Evan amongst the sea of Sunnyside guys. Very cool capture.
Wonderful job on the interception Evan.
Arianne- I am the same way at games...missing the "important" shots on film due to my over-reacting to events! Great job on the pic!
Way to go Evan. It won't be long and he will be on the high school team!
Rah, Rah, Rah! An interception huh? That's pretty impressive! You are a great student and athlete Evan! It is evident that your hard work and determination pay off!
Arianne-
I'm so glad you found our blog. It is a fun way to keep in touch! My email is katrina_joh@yahoo.com. We would love to see you Halloween weekend, email me and we can make arrangements. I can't believe how old your kids are. Evan can't be old enough to be playing football. As a previous babysitter - I guess that makes me old! Your family looks great!
Katrina
Hey JENSENS!! Do you remember a young girl who use to babysit for you in your ephrata days? It's me,Kristin! My lovely snooper friend Anna(chlarson/plaisted) told me she found your blog! You all look like you are doing AMAZING! Seeing little Evan that old is a little hard to comprehend! Hope things are wonderful!
We have another babe due January! Beverlee is doing amazing! she has a great job with the health district and is dating a great man. Kaylee is up here in Spokane working and being Kaylee! What is Anya up to? she has turned into a beautiful woman!
Hooray for Anya! My bro and sis in-law are both there and my bro in-law is studying to be a physical therapist also! You should ask her if she knows any Wilkinsons. I don't know if you know, but my Dylan came around in a similar fasion to your sweet Brody. It was by no means an easy road to choose but I can say that as soon as I made the decision to direct my life toward the right I saw blessings faster than I could blink! Ryan and I were married int he NC temple when Dyl was 18mo and we were sealed to him here in spokane a few months later. Tell Allissa to keep moving forward and she will be amazed at what the Lord can do!
GO EVAN!!!
Post a Comment