In this picture Alissa (6yrs old) is holding Evan in the Blessing outfit that Howard's Grandma Minnie Caldwell made for him. She was a very special person in our lives, we called her Grandma Great. When I first married Howard I can honestly say that Minnie was one of my best friends. She taught me how to quilt, sew and would always drop what she was doing to go to town with me. She died (87 yrs old) when Evan was around 5 months old.
You can't see Evan's feet in this picture but he is wearing the booties that Howard's mom Jenene Jensen made him, she was famous for her booties.
Alissa holding Evan on his Blessing Day.
Sept. 3rd 1995
Sept. 3rd 1995
Brody Evan Jensen on his Blessing Day, Oct. 26th 2008.Wearing the Blessing outfit made for Evan by Great (Great) Grandma Caldwell, and wearing the booties that (Great) Grandma Jensen made for Evan. The blanket was made for Evan by Aunt Sue Jensen.
Uncle Evan holding Brody wearing the same Blessing outfit he wore about 13 years ago.

10 comments:
Arianne, what a sweet story! I just love blessing day stories. Glad it was a great weekend for the fam.
That is a sweet story, blessing days are always more special when there is something like that to make it so.
Very cute post! I really enjoyed the blessing Howard gave Baby Brody. Devin and I both commented that it was a very good blessing. I love how the baby boy blessing outfit was handed down to Evan's nephew! So sweet!
it was a great blessing. i wasn't able to hear all of it since i was sitting by all the 4, 5, and 6 year olds in the ward! but what i heard was touching. i love special hand me downs. i have dressed my girls in some of the outfits i wore when i was a baby and i think its so dang sweet!
Alissa is such a sweet little girl holding Evan, I love that picture. You need to shadow box frame that blessing outfit! I am so glad it was special blessing day/weekend for your family. I was able to bless Navie in my blessing gown and that was very special for me, but I didn't have a grandma make it, I love that fact it just adds so much sentiment. Can't wait to meet the little guy at Thanksgiving.
Love this story!! The family connections between the generations is wonderful. What a special day for Brody and the whole family. Love the pics of Brody and uncle Evan :)
ohh now that is just precious! I am so thankful for pictures so they can capture those special moments in our lives!
How awesome. My Dallin wore the same blessing outfit that was handmade for my baby brother (now 16)Damon. I love when things like that have meaning!
VERY cool! I love that you have both the old and new pix!
I'm so glad we could be there for Brody's blessing. Howard gave him such a beautiful blessing. I love Alissa holding Evan. Time flies. I remember here at that age, and now she is a mom.(a wonderful one) Love you all.
Post a Comment