December 31 2008
New Year's Eve 2008 And Anya's Cashew Mishap!!!
This year, our friends the Burnett's invited us to spend New Year's Eve with them. We couldn't turn that down, our children always love visiting them and they do live just a few minutes from Portland!! Great shopping and no tax!
Alissa got a brake from holding Brody, Natalie's middle daughter, Erika is in love with him and always wanted to hold him. Natalie would have to sneak around to hold him, but it didn't last long, Erika would always find us and want him back. Erika will be the best babysitter!!!
It is so nice to find another couple who is so easy to be around. Howard and Dan are both good to watch sports, take the kids to movies and make doughnut runs!! And Natalie, what can I say, she is so much fun to be around, she always makes me laugh!! I love her like a sister, and she is a very Good cook!! (we always eat great food at her house)
They got Rock Band for Christmas, and Anya even had me playing the guitar (I stink!) But we had a blast!!
In Camas, you can light off fireworks!! We brought our leftovers from the beach and Evan and the girls had fun setting them off! This picture is of the fireworks coming from the hill above their house. Up on the hill there are some VERY large houses and boy do they put on a show!!
............................................
Caution
Alert!!!!!
If you are allergic to cashew nuts, Please don't eat Cashew Poppycock!!!! It may cause severe swelling and hives!!!!
For some reason this photo dosn't really show how bad she was. When I blogged these some of the red got lost, she looks pretty good in these pictures compared to how she looked in real life!!!
These hives were all over Anya's entire body (her leg)
When Anya was about 6 years old she went to a wedding reception with her Aunt and Uncle. When they brought her home her ears were all swollen, we had no clue why, but figured it was something she ate. Then she was at another reception with us and the same thing happened. We finally figured out it was the nut cups that she kept eating!! For years she has not touched a cashew, but for some reason, New Year's Eve she let her guard down. Earlier that night Natalie and I went to Safeway, her and Alissa thought that the cashew Poppycock looked good and put some in the basket. Later that night, I came into the room, and saw Anya with her hand in the bowl of Poppycock, I said "What are you doing! Do you know that has cashews in it?" Well this was the worst we have ever seen Anya!!! She spent her whole evening taking Benadryl and putting on cream!! The only thing that helped was taking a bath with corn starch!!! I bet next time she puts her hand in a bowl of popcorn she will ask what is in it!!! (she only ate about 1 nut)
***I took these pictures because I wanted to show our family Dr. to see if she may need an epi-pen. We were very close to taking her to the hospital!! That was a very scary night. I think she finally fell asleep around 5am.





6 comments:
Glad you guys are home, we missed you!!
POOR ANYA!!! She definately hasn't outgrown this allergy. That looked absolutely miserable :(
I'm so glad Anya recovered! I think that baking soda bath was heaven sent. We so love having your family here. You and Howard are so fun to hang with. Erika is having withdrawls. She misses holding Brody. Thanks for spending New Years here with us!!
It sounds like you spent New Years having a great time with great friends.
My Jenna has a peanut allergy so your post scared the tar out of me. I hope Anya is feeling much better. That looks utterly miserable.
That does sound like a good time.
Poor Anya! That's a bummer of a way to start the new year! I bet she gets an epi pen now!
Anya, I am so glad you are okay! Scary stuff for the whole family and a miserable time for Anya!
I am glad you had an enjoyable time with friends and family!
I'm totally laughing just picturing the bribing you did to get Anya to let you blog her rash! :) So funny but I am glad she's ok. Nut allergies can be so scary!
Post a Comment