Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Long Weekend In Utah...

A Long Deserved Get-away!!!

Wed. May 13-Sun. May 17 2009

I have wanted to go visit my sister-in-law Sue for a couple of years now. It's not that we haven't seen them. They come meet us in Idaho when Anya's college has parent's week. But I haven't been back to Utah for about 6 years. When Anya told me that her roommates were going to be down there for the weekend of May 16, and that she would like to see them. We started planning!

It's hard to juggle everything to get away, but Howard made it easy for me! He took a week off and watched Brody while Alissa worked. Yes, you heard me right, he played full time Gramp's and let me take off!!! I sure love that man!!

I really hate to be in the car for 11 or more hours!! But Anya was a fun traveling companion!


I'm so use to Howard driving on these long trips. After we turned off by Rupert Idaho to head to Utah, Anya, who was driving said "hey mom, do you know that we only have a 1/4 of a tank of gas?" I looked up from my book, looked out the window and panicked!! We were in the middle of nowhere!! We happened upon this little gas station, who as you can see was price gouging!! Or just trying to make a buck off goofballs like Me and Anya!!! (In Utah, we bought gas for 2.05)

Believe me, on the way back, we kept it above the half!


The Beautiful Bountiful Temple.



We went for a drive one night and this was one of the smaller houses up on the hill by the Temple! I have never seen houses so large, large might not be the right word...maybe huge monstrosity is better! We wonder what everyone does for a living!



We went to Park City to shop at the outlet mall. These are the ski jumps that they used in the Utah Olympics.


Anya and her roommates. She really misses them. Sara with the cruches, and Natalie. Natalie was running a 26 mile marathon and that is why they were in Utah.

Sue took us to 2 beautiful gardens while we were there. This one is for the remembrance of those on the military.

.................

This garden is behind an LDS church! It is beautiful!! There were some people setting up for a reception so I didn't get very many pictures.


Anya and Sue walking around the back of the garden.
.................

Jared is in the orchestra at his high school. I though he looked so handsome in his tux!! He was going to a State competition.



Thanks, Jay for playing for me!



LaVar and Sue bought a beautiful new home! LaVar will have that yard ready in no time!!! He is planting beans in his garden.

Their front lawn is small, so LaVar decided to buy an old fashion push mower, it works great!



We couldn't leave Utah without taking some fun pictures of Anya! These tracks were by Sue and LaVar's house.



Thanks Sue, LaVar and Jared for your hospitality! We really enjoyed our visit with you! Come see us soon!!

9 comments:

Alissa and baby Brody said...

Im glad you guys had fun, we missed you though, especialy Brody. He loved his Nanny!! I love the pictures of Anya.

Amanda said...

What fun. I love going and visiting family in Utah. We enjoy every minute we are there. I am glad you were able to get a way :o)

Arlene said...

Good old Rupert, Idaho. That is close to were I grew up in the middle of no where. Brock's cousin had a home right next to the Bountiful temple. It was beautiful. They built it and lived in a few years. He was the top computer guru at the church office building. They sold their home and moved to D.C. and he his a computer guy for the FBI. Anyway, now you know what one of them did for a living. Looks like you had a good time.

Tiffany Fackrell said...

I think we have made that same mistake with gas and stopped at that same little in the middle of nowhere gas station! ALso those houses are HUGE we always loved to go for drives when i lived in utah and see all of those huge houses, I was once told that those people behind the bountiful temple actually work in california. They fly out to cali but live in utah because it is cheaper to live in utah, but yet they still make the big bucks in cali. That is just what I have heard...who knows if it is really true!

Kristin said...

Sounds like a FUN weekend. i love park city shopping!

Susan said...

I had such a good time with you and Anya! We loved having you visit and hope to see you again soon... next time bring Howard, Evan, Alissa and Brody!

Lynn said...

Glad you had a good time and made it back safe and sound without having to push your car to a gas station:) Your pictures are beautiful Arianne and what a great husband/dad/grandpa Howard is :)

Tristy said...

What a fun trip! I want to live in one of the "castles" by the temple.

The Burnetts said...

Anya looks to beautiful in these pics. Glad you enjoyed Utah and your time with Anya. Miss you all.