A Sunday Walk In The Sagebrush.
May 3, 2009
Some Sundays seem to last for forever.......
Everyday I look out my bedroom window at the hills behind our house. I have always wanted to walk up to the fence, and tonight seemed like the perfect time to do it. Earlier, I had asked Anya if she would go with me, and by the time we left everyone in the house went with us. The fence was a little further than I thought, but we had a great time getting there.
For the past 2 months, there has been cows grazing on the hills. We saw lots of cow pies, and hoof prints! When you start walking out there in the sagebrush, you realize how huge it can grow. Some bushes were as tall as Howard!
Right before we left, Brody was very fussy! But as soon as we got outside we didn't hear a peep out of him! He loved it!
Brody on Grandpa's shoulders.


Starting up the hill.


Evan was quite the gentleman and held the barbed wire fence for everyone.
You really don't realize how steep and big everything is until you get out there!
You really don't realize how steep and big everything is until you get out there!
Beautiful wildflowers.
Alissa, Stuart and Brody.

The Fence I made everyone hike too!
Stuart doesn't like his picture taken, but he was a good sport.
On the way back, we walked by some houses and saw these cherry trees.
Anya has been so much fun to hang out with, now that she is home from college. She has gone to every one of Evan's baseball games with me. She even went to Hermiston with us yesterday for Evan's basketball tourn. I hope she doesn't get tired of me!

Brody is loved by everyone around him!
My sweet little boy picking me some wildflowers.
Thank goodness some Sundays DO seem to last for Forever!!!!!

6 comments:
Our little sunday walk was so much fun, im glad that you had the idea to go Im also glad that getting the Brod out of the house calmed him down!
This is so funny. My mom lives right next up on the hill opposite of where you lived when you lived here. She is right next to Beezley here she took Maggie and my niece for a walk there yesterday too. Maggie picked me those same wildflowers, I wanted to go to but it was to windy for Baby Ty!
that brings back wonderful memories I had as a kid. My mom was always having us do fun stuff like this on Sundays that seemed to last forever! what a great time to really enjoy family, while not really doing anything particular. It's so true the the simply things bring the most happiness!
We hiked up our huge sagebrush hill a few days before we had the baby and snooped through the new construction house behind us - I guess we all get a little creative on Sundays!
what fun! All the pictures are great. I especially like the one of Anya. What a beautiful girl :o) I bet she likes being home
Loved your Sunday hike photos. They are all my favorite and so beautiful. We will have to hike that when were visiting you guys. Love you all.
Post a Comment