We all have a place where we came from, a place where we grew up. Mine is Renton Washington. Western Washington, the Northwest. The Seattle area. Whatever you want to call it, I love it!
I love living here in Eastern Washington, but I always love going home to visit my mom in Renton. It would be sweeter if my dad was still alive and we could go do all the fun things that we use to do, but I have my memories.
My mom, who is 87 years old loves when we visit! She especially loves seeing Brody!! This past weekend we were over there for a friends wedding reception. Seeing an old friend and just being with my mom made me think about the place I grew up.
Brody is so lucky to have a great grandma! She just keeps saying "He is so cute and smart"
When Beanie Babies were all the craze my mom couldn't get enough! She had her special stores that would save her the bears....lets just say she has a lot!!!!!Brody loved them!!
.........................
Whenever the weather is nice, we all love to go eat at Ivar's on Lake Washington. It was Alissa's idea. I love it when my kids love the same things that I do!!
It is a beautiful little spot to eat. Brody loved watching the boats coming and going, and the ducks! We could sit there for hours!
It's nice that Howard and my children love all my favorite spots!


Coulon Park is a special place. I use to swim there as a little girl. All of our swim team picnics were there. And my dad and I would go for walks there and take pictures. (South End of Lake Washington)


Coulon Park is a special place. I use to swim there as a little girl. All of our swim team picnics were there. And my dad and I would go for walks there and take pictures. (South End of Lake Washington)


...........................
We went to visit my sister in Kent. My niece Heather and Alissa have always been close. It was fun to see her! She is a great young lady.

My sister always has pumpkins!! Brody thought they were pretty cool. I don't think there has ever been a year when my sister didn't have a great garden.
Home: To be at home is to find yourself with those who put your heart at ease. ~A Danielson~

3 comments:
That is so fun to see all of your childhood spots.
There's no place like home! Where ever that may be!
Oh, I LOVE the Seattle area. My in-laws live over there and I can't get enough of it...I'm going to have to check out that beach next time we're up there..it looks fun!! and your trip looked like tons of fun..isn't it so fun being close to family?
Post a Comment