Wednesday, September 9, 2009

It's Football Season!

Wednesday 9/9/09
This year, Evan is playing 8th grade school football, and if you can believe it he is also playing on the Grid Kid A squad! We are starting to think WHY?(4 hours of practice a day) This is the first year that I have ever heard him say things that make us think he may be wearing himself out! (I think he is just plain burnt out) Tonight, I asked him if he wanted to not play school basketball and he is actually thinking about sitting out B-Ball.
Well back to Football. The Grid Kid team had there jamboree a couple of Saturdays ago. They tied the first game and won the second.
Evan #22








As a parent, I just want Evan to be happy. I hope he enjoys this football season. He plays with a great bunch of kids. But we will see how it goes.

Is there anyone else out there who's kid is burnt-out like mine?



7 comments:

Alissa and baby Brody said...

Mine gets burnt out all the time..but not from football, mostly from playin in the dirt at Nannys house! Poor Ev, I feel bad for him. I wouldnt blaim him if he didnt do basketball.

Amanda said...

Gabby has had it this year with school sports. She's playing volleyball but is seriously thinking about not playing B-Ball. I know where you're coming from, they keep these kids running so much that they lose interest. Gabby has three volleyball games a week, that means bus rides at least two of those days. Trying to do homework on the bus drives her crazy. Maybe if they take some time off then they will enjoy it again sometime in the future.

Lynn said...

:))))) All I can do is smile along with you :)
Keep up the good work Evan, you're awesome!

SunnyD said...

Great pix Arianne! I remember the days of playing school AND AAU and football is so much more often and more intense! YIKES!

Kim said...

I feel your pain, Kyle is feeling very overwhelmed with football and high school classes.

Arlene said...

Yesterday we were all more than a bit irritated because football practice went four hours with coach Moore. You heard me right. I had other parents calling to ask if Bradley was home yet because their kids weren't. Bradley walked in a 7 pm and and hurried off to scouts. Then started a ton of homework at 9 pm. It's the beginning of the season and we are already burnt out. Ridiculous.

The Burnetts said...

Yeah, erika is playing fall ball softball. It's supposed to be low key. We have 18 games from here to October. She does not want to play b-ball this year. i think kids can get burnt out just like parents do.
Hope Evan has a great season. I know he loves it and gives 110%!