Why I Love Him........
"What are you doing the rest of your life? North and South and East and West of your life. I have only one request of your life. That you spend it all with me." ~Bergman~~
This July 3rd was our 24th Wedding Anniversary. I have said this before and I will say it again, Howard is still the kindest man I have ever known!The other day, I was sitting on Kari's front porch with her and Alissa. We were talking about life in general, and somehow we got on the subject of how lucky I am to have Howard be the way he is. Well, it got me thinking.......
"We must be OUR OWN before we can be ANOTHER'S"~Ralph Waldo Emerson~
I am so grateful for the hard worker that Howard is. I know I sometimes complain that he is gone a lot, but I can't imagine having him any other way!
Brody will someday come to know how lucky he is to have a Grandpa like Howard. He is so kind and gentle with him. I know they will be best friends!
"A HAPPY FAMILY is but an earlier heaven" ~Sir John Bowring~
Howard loves all of his children so much. He is the first one to say "Hey lets go see Anya at school"(an 11 hour drive!) During softball season, he would get off early and take Alissa to her pitching coach. (sitting on a bucket for hours catching her balls!!) And Evan, what hasn't he done with him! They have crazy fun together!
2. He is very thoughtful. With his family and others.


He is always there, no matter what!
8 comments:
So sweet! I truly believe that no one knows what love is when they get married. I think Love is something that comes only from many years of devotion to one another! That's why I love that song from Brad Paisley. "I thought I loved you then" I think it's called.
What a sweet post. Like i said in my blog about the beach I love your relationship! Just watching you two you can tell that you love eachother. Sure you can annoy eachother sometimes but at the end of the day your still madly in love.
Ahhh, this made me tear up Arianne! What a sweet, sweet post and to a man who is so deserving. You are a wonderful couple and I'm glad and grateful that you are my friends :)
SO SWEET!! And the best thing about it...I could insert David's name and it would describe him perfectly too!!! (I realize it has only been 4 years for us, but it is my hope and prayer that I can write these same exact things at 24years)!
Howard is such a sweet guy, he always makes me feel like he genuinly cares when he says hello, it is nice to see you again!
Loved your post. I know Howard adores you and would move mountains for you! I'm glad I have you all as friends. He is so good to everyone. He can go anywhere (like the beach) and run into someone he knows. He is sincere and genuine. My girls sure think he's a dream:)
i agree that was sweet but the best part of that post was the 65 pounds part...it just made me feel better about myself:)
What a great man you are married to! And you are a great wife and mother!
Congrats on 24 years! I love you both so much, and you have always been such a strong example to me of what a good marriage should be. I agree that you're lucky to have Howard, but I also know he's lucky to have you. You bring out the best in each other!
Post a Comment