Childhood Friends....
Saturday. Sept. 19th 2009
When I was 18 months old the Arita family moved in next door. Kelly was a year older than me and little Roger was only 1 year old. Ever since I can remember, I have always played with them. We girls, my sister Lourinda, Kelly and I would play barbies all day long! Or we would be up at the neighborhood pool. Poor Roger, he would follow us around and do whatever we wanted him to do (play the dad in barbies!)
We enjoyed being on the swim team together, going to the beach together and lots of backyard picnics.
Kelly and Roger's mother Kathy was one of my mom's best friends. My mom was older than Kathy, but they really enjoyed each other. Roger and Kelly have always been very special to my mom. When we were young, Kathy and her husband Bill divorced. Kathy worked nights at Boeing and my mom was always there for Roger and Kelly. When I was a Senior in HS and Roger was a Junior. (Kelly was married and living in Ca.) For about a year, Roger would come over every night and sleep at our house. It's a long story. But Kathy was worried about Roger's girlfriend!
I will never forget the phone call I got one afternoon. It was Roger, asking if we had heard from his mom. He said that when he got home from school she hadn't come home that morning. I won't get into what had happened, but they found her body a few days later. To this day, the police don't know who killed her. It was devastating......Roger went to live with his dad, Kelly was in California. Roger has worked at the Safeway not too far from my mom's ever since he was in High School. Through the years, we have gone and visited him at the store, but I haven't seen Kelly in about 19 years!
I was so excited when my mom called me and told me that Roger was getting married! This last weekend we went to his reception! He was married in Las Vegas on 09-09-09.
Me and Roger Doger.
My sister Lourinda, Kelly and Me.
My Mother Edna and Kelly.
Roger and his wife Michelle. There was a little cake smashing!

Handsome Roger!!!
Kelly and Roger's father Bill. One of the nicest men ever!!
Kelly and Roger's father Bill. One of the nicest men ever!!
The reception was at the home of a friend of the bride and groom. Their friend made her fortune owning the Cowgirl latte shops. I had no idea about these shops (Seattle area) but I guess you can get you daily coffee from girls dressed in Bikini's and very short shorts! Somehow my brother-in-law knew about them!?
Howard, Brody and my brother-in-law Rob.
My mom talking to Kathy's sister.
Brody loved these cows! Remember Cowgirl latte. They were all around her property.
..........................
They had all kinds of cool things at this reception! An outdoor dance floor, a bonfire! A formal dinner. A trailer full of booze, we of course didn't partake! Something called a booze luge! Never saw on of those before! But our favorite was the photo booth!!!
My mom, my sister and me.
Alissa, Brody and me. Brody wasn't too sure about the booth!!
I am telling you! I don't know what it is about a photo booth, but it was a blast!!!Congrats to Roger and Michelle! They are a beautiful couple, and we wish them all the luck in the world!!
It was great seeing everyone! I even got to see a couple of old friends from the neighborhood. (Jeff and Shaun)
It was a fun weekend!
There really is nothing as sweet as an old friend!!

5 comments:
how fun for you to see an old friend.
Those photo booth pics are Super Fun!!!
I'm not sure what it is about a photbooth either but I know my kids beg to get into one every time we walk by them in the mall....glad you got to hang with an old homie....those are the best!
Childhood friends are the best! I'm glad you got to go and be a part of the celebration. Love all the pics in the booth. Espically the ones with your mom!!!
Im so glad that Brody and I went, the wedding was a lot of fun! It was nice to finaly be able to meet your friends after just hearing you talk about them, they were such nice people. It was so nice to see family too, Im glad we went and saw Heather, I wish we lived closer.
what a cool reception!! fabulous idea having the photo booth and I think the pics of you and Mr. Hojo are pretty cute ;)
Post a Comment