Saturday, September 26, 2009

Early Morning Balloons

Early Morning Balloons
Saturday, September 26 2009
Prosser Balloon Rally
One of the reasons we love living in Prosser is because of things like this. Every year we enjoy going down to the airport and watching the hot air balloons being blown up and take off. The past couple of years, my mom has wanted to come see them, this year she decided to stay home. She missed a good one!
Evan, Kooper and I met Alissa, Stuart and Brody down there. Brody wasn't sure what was going on, but he loved watching all the balloons and people!



Evan and Kooper really liked the Coke one.


Yes, that is a sling on Evan's arm. He broke his elbow in Football!! It never fails, our walking accident is out for the season!





It was nice to have Alissa's little family with us this year. If you can believe it, this is the first time she has seen it from down at the airport!! Every other year I could never get her BUNS out of bed!!




We walked over to the river to see the balloons dip into the water.


It is a beautiful sight! The Balloon Rally is always the last full weekend of September. If you have ever wanted to visit Prosser, this is a perfect time!!

5 comments:

The Burnetts said...

I like the Coke balloon too! I hope Evan's elbow is feeling much better and is on the mend.
Love the pic of Brody. He is changing so much. He is so darn cute! Sounds like a nice way to spend a morning.

Taryn said...

I love that picture of Alissa and Brody by the river where the balloon has a heart on it! So sweet. I relate with Alissa though, I would have never got my buns out of bed when I was her age, actually...I don't even get my buns out of bed now :) It drives Taryn crazy :)

Amanda said...

I guess Evan is going to get his downtime after all. I'm sure he would have chosen a different avenue if he had the choice. Hope he gets better soon. I'm with Dedre, the last pic with Alyssa and Brody is my fav. Great pics again Arianne!

Arlene said...

Great pictures. We love the balloon rally even if it is so early in the morning. This year the kids were lucky to get to go up in one!!!

Teresa said...

We went to watch the balloons go up for the first time. This year we were actually done with onion harvest so Ryan was able to go. We watched them from the bridge. It was great. Your pictures are fabulous, as always.