Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Perfect Pumpkin!

Pumpkin Patch......

Tuesday, September 29 2009

Every year I love going to the pumpkin patch in Zillah. It is the perfect place to find pumpkins, squash and fruit. I invited Amy, she is always up for a little drive. Alissa heard that we were going and she and Brody came too!!! I'm glad they did so Grandma could take some pictures!

I'm glad that I got the pictures that I did. Brody is always moving 100mph!!!! He is the kind of kid who if you say his name or try your darnedest to get his attention, he will never look!!!! It drives me nuts!









Jones Farm is the greatest place. They have lots of pumpkins, a hay maze, a pond, where you can use this old machine to get the hard corn off the cob, then you feed the ducks. It's beautiful scenery and worth the short drive!

I have to add this for my journaling. When I showed up at Alissa's house to pick them up, Brody was screaming!!! Tears and buggers streaming down his face! I asked if he had fallen (he's learning to walk) I mean the way he was screaming, it had to be something bad. Well she said "no, that little pill doesn't want his shoes on!" She has tried in the past to get him to wear shoes! But he usually just rips them off!Brody hates shoes more that anything!!! This was the first day that I have ever seen him wear shoes, and he was not happy!!!

8 comments:

Devin & Annie said...

Those are the sweetest pictures or Brody! You did an awesome job! How fun to have those memories with you grandson!

Alissa and baby Brody said...

What a little pill about the shoes he was!! I cant believe it, you would think I had beatin him or something. He loved goin out on a little adventure today, Im glad we went with you.

Tiffany Fackrell said...

Has she tried those soft soled shoes? I hear that helps them transfer over better. (you can find them at target) Also Cambree had some shoes that when she walked they squeaked, that might make him like shoes too (don't worry you could take the little squeak out of them for church or whatever too) I think you can find them at squeakyshoes.com or something like that. I know my mom found cambree's in utah.

cute cute pics as always, but I guess it really helps to have such a CUTE subject!!!

Taryn said...

The shoe story made me giggle! Probably because that kinda sounds like what Jill does over her darn leddo dress every sunday!

Taryn said...

ohh and I have a great idea...if he won't wear shoes, the trumpette socks, adorable adorable I must say..or maybe try pedipeds. I hear new walkers LOVE them!

Amanda said...

That's one thing I really miss about Washington...we used to go to the pumpkin patch every year. They have a few around here but they are really boring. Just a field planted with pumpkins .... nothing exciting at all. Glad you had fun.

bethany hulse said...

i'm hoping to bring hylani to this at some point. it looks like so much fun, and the pictures you've captured really portray how much fun a young man can have at a pumpkin patch.

SunnyD said...

That's funny with the shoes. Coleman hated (and I mean HATED) short sleeves when summer hit. It tooks WEEKS for him to get used to them again. Funny boys.